Annual reports for the charity, 1905-present, which typically include a financial statement, a list of board of management members and senior staff, donation details and photographs and illustrations of the hospital. The reports were published as a single pamphlet or booklet, some of the early reports have been bound together into hardboard volumes. Reports dating from 1858-1901 were not published separately and can be found within the subscription books (archive ref: RHN/FU/2/2). The reports may also be found within the reports of the general meeting volumes (archive ref: RHN/AD/1/1).
Various artefacts relating to the history of the hospital and the West Lodge estate, Putney Heath. These can be broadly categorized as the following: house features and signs, including sample of 18th century clay flooring, marble colonnades and early twentieth century light switch; household utensils, such as engraved spoons; medical equipment, assistive technology and early wheelchair; branded lapel badges showing the change of names of the hospital and finally decorative gifts recieved by the hospital, including ornate cups and medals.
Various reel to reel films, videocassettes and sound recordings, along with selected digitised copies of films relating to the hospital. These include promotional television appeals for the charity; events and visits from the Royal family, such as the Queen Elizabeth's visit to open Chatsworth Wing, 1978; clinical films showing patients undertake rehabilitative and leisure activities such as hydrotherapy and horseriding, and also recordings of radio shows which featured the Hospital.
Typescript minutes of the authorised visitors committee, 1982-1991. Minutes include reports on patient welfare, Matron's report to the committee, general news and changes in hospital personale, such as new admissions and deaths.
Hardbound copy of the bills of quantities for ward reorganisation produced by Devereux, Mitchell and Price Davies in partnership with Bertram Carter. The volumes contains an itemised schedule and cost for building work at the hospital, with appendix including floor plans and architectural drawings.
Bound meeting minutes of the Hospital's Committee Board, who governed the charity. The Board met every fortnight and would make all decisions in relates to policy. When the charity first started the Chairman of the Board was the Treasurer until 1911 when an independent office of chairman was created. The Secretary (now Chief Executive) would prepare the agenda and circulate the minutes to the other committee members.
Committee members for the Board of Management were initially composed of businessmen working in the City of London and later retired military service men, with usually no less than twenty members present at one time.
The meeting minutes are predominantly handwritten but become typescript in the mid 20th century and usually include various inserts of papers discussed during meetings as well as letters and statements transcribed into the minutes.
Meeting minutes of the board of management of the Hospital for the period, 28 May 1863 to 13 July 1865. Manuscript meeting minutes with front index arranged alphabetically. The volume includes some loose meeting documents including manuscript meeting notes with a motion by Mr Banting about increasing the monthly allowance for elected patients to the hospital.
Meeting minutes for the board of management for the hospital between 13 July 1871 and 28 November 1873. The volume contains manuscript meeting minutes which are indexed alphabetically. There are also two loose attached manuscript meeting notes.
Meeting minutes for the Hospital Board of Management from January 1903 to June 1911. Manuscript board minutes including various typescript inserts including printed rules for the hospital; papers relating to the resignation of the hospital chaplain; sub committee minutes and newspaper clippings of hospital advertisements.
Minutes of the board of management for the Royal Hospital dating from its inception on 31 July 1854 to 14 January 1858. The volumes contains manuscript meeting minutes for the first official meeting of the charity held at Mansion House on 31 July 1854, along with notes from preliminary meetings held in July, copies of initial appeals and the first constitution for the charity. The volume includes an index in alphabetical order at the back of the volume.
Board meeting minutes for the hospital from March 1867 to January 1869, including index in alphabetical order. The front of the volume contains a leather case with various manuscript documents, such as agendas and meeting notes.